Rock What You Got (RWYG) is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our workers, customers, clients, patrons, and guests. To ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace, RWYG has developed the following COVID-19 Preparedness Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. All employees, contractors, service providers, and officers are responsible for implementing this plan. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our workplaces, venues, and spaces, and that requires full cooperation among everyone that participates in any event, retail marketplace, or provides services for us at any of our event spaces. Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the safety and health of all persons in our workplaces.
RWYG offices are closed and only essential workers are allowed in the building for the foreseeable future; however, team members will participate in entertainment and retail marketplace events requiring special venue specific requirements. Team members were actively involved in determining our guidelines, as well as feedback from our patrons (survey conducted during the month of July 2020) and have full authority at any time to notify management or take action on their own if they determine a specific situation or venue requires additional requirements.
RWYG’s COVID-19 Preparedness Plan follows the industry guidance developed by the state of Minnesota, available at the Stay Safe Minnesota website (https://staysafe.mn.gov), which is based upon Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidelines for COVID-19, Minnesota Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MNOSHA) statutes, rules and standards, and Minnesota’s relevant and current executive orders.
RWYG has reviewed and incorporated the industry guidance applicable to our business provided by the state of Minnesota for the development of this plan, including the following industry guidance for Retail Businesses in our marketplaces and Entertainment (indoor and outdoor).
Additionally, we will require the following protocols:
Venues and Event Spaces: RWYG rents various spaces each with its own unique requirements. We will review each venue’s space requirements and prepare maps, seating charts, booth assignments, and extra spaces to ensure that attendee limits are adhered to and adequate social distancing requirements can be met and safely administered by our team members and service providers.
Face Coverings Required: RWYG is requiring face coverings for EVERYONE who participates in our events or shopping experiences, whether indoors or outdoors. This includes all team members, performers (unless on stage performing), exhibitors and vendors, service providers (such as sound technicians and crew), and guests.
Face Covering Exceptions:
- Eating and drinking
- During set-up and take down in outdoor venues when social distancing of more than 6’ is assured.
- Outside the official outdoor venue event space.
Social Distancing: RWYG will provide ample signage at all entrances to our venues and throughout the venues to remind participants to stay at least 6’ apart. Team members and security will be disbursed in the venue to help keep traffic moving, show ticket holders to their seats, or remind attendees to mask up!
Sanitation: RWYG will provide hand sanitization stations throughout our venues. Additionally, team members will periodically sanitize tables, seating, or other areas where significant traffic is sighted or as attendees with reserved seating cycle out and new attendees come in.
Exhibitors and Retail Space Vendors:
- All exhibitors who participate in our marketplaces are required to have their own COVID-19 Preparedness Plan for their participation in our events that include guidance for their employees and their specific spaces.
- Exhibitors are required to sign our exhibitor agreement and specifically attest to their understanding and adherence to our COVID-19 Plan which includes face coverings, social distancing and agreement to notify us immediately if they or any employee has been exposed to COVID-19, has tested positive for COVID-19, or is experiencing any flu or cold-like symptoms.
- Wellness Check: Upon check-in at any event, all exhibitors and their employees will be required to answer our wellness questions and submit to a temperature check.
Customers, Guests, Ticket Holders:
- Everyone who is not an employee, volunteer, vendor, performer, or crew member, must have a ticket in hand. Tickets are for reserved seating or for specific time slots to ensure that we meet attendee limitations (25% capacity or up to 250 participants for reserved entertainment seating, 1500 participants if separate sections can be separated and controlled, or 50% capacity for retail spaces). Specific limitations will be listed on the event registration pages in conjunction with the venue location guidelines.
- Confirmation of COVID-19 Requirements: All ticket purchasers will be required to certify that they agree to follow all requirements for participating in our events including wearing of face coverings and social distancing. This information is also on their ticket confirmation email. Attendees will receive a second confirmation of their registration one day before any event which will include any additional information related to health checks and a reminder for anyone experiencing symptoms or with a confirmed case to please stay home. RWYG will provide full refunds to anyone who is unable to attend due to COVID-19.
- All guests will get a wristband (which they will need to place on their own wrist) to indicate their ticket level for easy identification and to control the number of people in the areas at a given time. Attendees may be asked to limit their time in the space if limits are in reach.
- We will not accept ticket purchases at the gate entrance. All tickets must be purchased in advance.
Performers: RWYG will take due care with our performers to ensure their personal protection and will adjust guidelines depending on the venue set-up, equipment set-up, or security which may include:
- Adequate spacing on stage to ensuring distancing of 6’ or more.
- Separate microphones for each performer or sanitation of microphones between sets.
- Dedicated stage manager tasked with sanitation of green room or other performer only spaces.
Service Providers: RWYG may hire outside service providers to support our events including sound engineers, production managers, stage crew, event support services, craft services, or other services as we deem necessary. RWYG will require each hired servicer to provide us with a copy of their COVID-19 Preparedness Plan and conform to our onsite requirements for all personnel.
- Wellness Check: Upon entry to any of our event spaces, all service providers and their employees will be required to answer our wellness questions and submit to a temperature check.
Employees & Volunteers:
- Wellness Check: Upon check-in at any event, all team members, temporary employees, and volunteers will be required to answer our wellness questions and submit to a temperature check.
- Each person will have designated ID or other appropriate attire to indicate their presence as a team member for easy identification by guests, exhibitors, or other providers.
We will continue to review and adjust this COVID-19 Preparedness Plan based on current local, state, and national guidance as well as venue locations, staffing, and customer feedback to ensure we continue to provide a safe environment for everyone!